The changes don't alter what we use your personal information for, but make it easier for you to find out how we use and protect your information.
Your personal information is an important part of our service. It allows us to provide our products and services to you, including managing billing and any other account related information. Your data will be used only to service your account - it will not be shared with third parties or used for any marketing purposes.
There are no changes to our terms and conditions, including what we ask of you. If we make changes to any of these in the future, we'll let you know.
If you've any questions or would like some help, please call us on 01202 394 196
When you make an enquiry, we will temporarily store your name or telephone number for no purpose other than to return your call or email. Once this has been done, if you do not proceed to quote or work, your details will not be retained.
When you ask for a quote, verbal or written, we will store your name, address and contact details in order to provide you with this quote. This information may be retained in order to convert written quote into an invoice, should you wish to proceed with the transaction. For all other quotes we will retain data for as long as needed for the purpose for which it was originally collected.
When we conduct electrical work for you, we will retain your name, address and contact details. This information will be used for billing and account servicing purposes. We will retain this information on our database for as long as it is needed for the purpose for which it was originally collected. i.e. the servicing of your account e.g. sending invoices, reminders and emails relating to work carried out. We do not process any data for direct marketing.
As long as you do not object or withdraw your consent, we will assume you’re happy for us to hold your personal data for as long as it is needed for the purpose for which it was originally collected. If you would like to withdraw your prior consent or object to the processing of your personal data for the servicing of your account, you can do so by calling 01202 394 196 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Use of data collected through this website:
No personal information is collected however information is collected about how users access and use this website.
1.The information collected and used If you use this website, you are in control of what information is collected, but if you choose not to share your information, you may not be able to access or use some areas of this website.
1a.How information is collected. This information may be collected, stored and used when you use this website and when you call the Advertiser.
1b.What information is collected. The information collected and held may include but is not limited to:
- information about your computer and about your visits to, and use of, the website (including your IP address, approximate geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
- if you call the Advertiser, your phone and/or mobile phone number and the time, date and day of the week and length of your call; and
- any other information you may provide to the provider of this site.
2b.Customisation of this website and advert targeting The information collected when you use this website may be used to build up a picture of your interests. This information may be used to try to make sure that when you visit or use the website, you don't miss offers and information that might interest you. This is called advert targeting.
2c.Tracking how the website is used Information may be collected about activity on the website, or other organisations may be used to collect it and to share it. This information is used to:
- analyse statistics;
- track pages and paths used by visitors to, or users of, the website;
- target the adverts or offers, such as banners, on the website and on the websites of other organisations; and
- track the use of the internet banner adverts and other links from marketing partners' websites to this website.
2d.Analysing call volumes If you call the Advertiser using the number featured on the website, we may record your phone number, the time, date, day of the week and length of the call and certain details about whether the call was answered or not. This information will be shared with the Advertiser and used to analyse the effectiveness of the website.
3.Disclosure of your information Your information may be passed to one or more of the following organisations:
- the Advertiser;
- data processing companies, mailing houses and other third party suppliers; and
- government and enforcement agencies and the police.
Every now and again, requests are received for information from government departments, the police and other enforcement agencies. If this happens, and there is a proper legal basis for providing your information, it will be provided to the organisation asking for it.
4.Where your information is processed When your information is used as described in section 2 - How information collected is used, this may occasionally involve sending your information outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Where this is done, appropriate steps are taken to protect your information. By using this website, you agree that your information may be transferred, stored and processed outside the EEA.
5.How your information is kept secure The security of information is taken very seriously. Technology and security policies are in place to protect the information held.
Southern Electrical Services UK LTD Personal data & GDPR
Our policy statement
It is our policy to comply with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation regarding how our organisation obtains, stores, processes and disposes of personal data.
Our policy covers all aspects of how we handle personal data including, where relevant to our activities, the use of personnel data, PC/laptop and ‘Cloud’ storage, mobile phones, and any activity involving a third party acting in partnership with us or on our behalf.
It is our policy to:
1. ensure personal data security in our organisation;
2. have a GDPR-compliant contractual relationship with any third party that processes personal data with/for us, notably in relation to ensuring personal data security;
3. respect all individuals’ personal data rights, as described in GDPR and ICO guidance
4. identify, and have a lawful basis for using, any personal data. This will include seeking/confirming ‘explicit consent’ from individuals, if there is no other lawful basis
5. have a clear, concise privacy notice, which is made readily available
6. ensure all our staff are aware of the above, and if necessary trained, in relation to their own responsibilities.
7. ensure we keep up to date with GDPR guidance available from the ICO at: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/business/
Responsibility In line with the above, the person responsible for ensuring that we manage GDPR compliance is Claire Spiers.
Policy review; We will review this policy and our personal data needs at least annually, and seek to minimise the personal data we hold, in line with GDPR and the needs of the organisation.